Water photovoltaic power generation produces electricity by the use of floating photovoltaic modules on the water reservoirs, ponds, reservoirs, small and medium-sized lakes. Now it has been used in Japan, Singapore, South Korea, India, Australia, the United States and other countries. This article introduces the construction methods and matters for attention of floating photovoltaic power stations systems.
The construction methods of floating PV systems
include two types as follows:
1. Shore operation platform, put into water after components installation
2. The shore splicing buoy, water installation equipment
According to practice, the first method is faster and more convenient. There are three main installation steps: the first step is the floating body splicing. The second step is the installation of floating PV mounting structure, and the third step is to put the floating body platform into water after installation. The notes include the following tips.
1. Choosing the right floating body frame material is very important. It must have excellent corrosion resistance, wind and wave resistance, frost heave resistance and other properties. The long-term reliability of components in wet environments, the carrying capacity and service life of the floating platform should be strictly considered. At the same time, it is necessary to study and plan power generation lines and street configuration and other infrastructure. The sunshine length should be considered.
2. Choosing the right address is very important. It is suitable for use in good lighting conditions, stable runoff, low wind speed, wide area, good development conditions and other waters. You can choose reservoirs and lakes in wind areas, non-ecological sensitive areas and non-scale shipping.
3. There are many uncertain factors in water, so it is necessary to strengthen monitoring and strictly monitor the impact of the system on plants, animals and water quality.
4. In the process of construction, we need to consider more factors. Compared with ground construction, water installation has not established efficient construction methods and equipment at present, so relevant experience needs to be accumulated in the future. Water work is difficult to use heavy machinery and other efficient construction. There will be more speed and process requirements. There is a lot of work on boats or diving. Safety needs to be considered when working on board to avoid damage to dams, pools and other facilities.
5. Consider the freezing situation of water surface in winter, implement protective measures for components, and carefully handle scale cleaning.
6. The surface photovoltaic power station can not only realize the grid-connection of production capacity, but also serve as a distributed energy storage photovoltaic power station to provide power support for scenic tourism, aquaculture, ecology, etc. The key of distributed off-grid energy storage power station is to choose energy storage equipment. It is very important to choose batteries with lower cost and higher performance.
To sum up, this is an introduction to the construction methods and notes of floating photovoltaic power stations systems. Compared with the ground, the operation and maintenance of photovoltaic power stations on the surface is more difficult. The construction cost is higher. The PID attenuation of photovoltaic modules is aggravated by the environmental impact of high humidity salt fog, and the anti-corrosion and waterproof ability of equipment is also higher. It may not sound cheap, but floating PV plants cost less per kilowatt hour than ground-based plants and produce more electricity.